About Howard Chan:
My background is in life insurance business development, distribution, sales and marketing with a combined almost 3 decades of experience. Therefore, I want to help solve the most difficult challenges of a similar company where;
- The low productivity of the distribution channels (agents & partnerships).
- Increasingly, technology enables customers to obtain information that negates agents’ competitive advantage.
- In response, agency distribution employs pressure selling on customers, which erodes customer trust in the agent and, by association, the company.
- In reaction to market challenges, agents as suppliers of the distribution function are demanding ever higher compensation which is chipping away at company margins.
- New business churn is pressuring the company's financial projections, resulting in prescriptive measures that deviate from the corporate strategy.
- The growing assertiveness of competitors is causing a loss of market share with long-term implications.
To overcome these, I look forward to doing the following;
- Launch new projects that align with a company’s strategy and that deliver on NPV.
- Leverage technology to help organize and coordinate work using “projectized” methodologies to achieve organization-wide collaboration and focus management attention on priorities.
- Transform distribution functions into sources of competitive advantage instead.
- Revisit and fine-tune the existing performance management apparatus to derive maximum performance from the organizational structure.
I have 20+ years of life insurance distribution experience and have worked full-time in Malaysia, Indonesia and Vietnam market.These experience covers business development, marketing, administration, project management, and as trainer.
MBA specializing in governance and control, Master in Information Technology, and Bachelor in Biochemistry.
As part of my MBA qualification, I submitted a research paper on ESG.
Professionals in the same Insurance sector as Howard Chan
Professionals from different sectors near Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Jobs near Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
GLOBAL OUTSOURCING GROUP Malaysia, Selangor Full time
Job Responsibility · Awareness on children's well-being · Assess studentsâ performance & progress to ensure they are mastering skills on regular basis · Any other duties as assigned by the superior/ m ...
Found in: Foundit MY A2 - 2 days ago
United Overseas Bank (Malaysia) Bhd Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur Full time RM80,000 - RM120,000 per year
Job ResponsibilitiesIn charge of the strategic acquisition of new customers for mortgage / housing loan products through the available marketing channels. Role includes advising, preparing, and delive ...
Excel Kids Kindergarten Malaysia, Selangor Full time RM24,000 - RM36,000 per year
Job Responsibility · Perform tasks entrusted by management. · Provide teaching plans and teaching aids. · Deliver lessons as planned with full commitment. · Ensure the cleanliness of the kindergarten ...